View Single Post
Valyar

Old March 6th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post
I did not do enough data entry to give a good answer... BUT ;-)

I think Tags and Views based on tags will help you narrow down the data displayed in each session.
Oh yes, VIEWS are amazing to filter without having to use ctrl+shift+f filter in the left sidebar. I actually have configured views per adventure, but now when you mention it, i would harness the power for the mechanics section as i see trend of what i use during session. Too bad there are only 3 that can be shown in the ribbon... i don't' get why this stupid limitation.

How I assign to views based on tags?
I don't see an option when I browse the menus - it is either assign to view or not and it is based on article/topic.

I am also still not sure how to properly use tags and how i can put them to good use, so far I pretend they don't exists...

@EightBitz, i am doing exactly that, check my screenshots, i think it is exactly what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
2000 articles? Is there any real chance you'll get any use out of that? I know the thought of having a link to the rules for every skill/spell/what have you linked every time the word is mentioned is extremely appealing but realistically how often will you or your players actually click the links? If the articles simply exist to bloat your realm why have them at all?
Excellent question, and it is exactly the one I had to answer before even began data entry.

I always hate the moment when a system bloats too much and there are dozens of source books and supplements (D&D, Pathfinder, GURPS), and many times there are good things that you want to use or to have at arms reach just in case. You can't have all books at the table as it is just too heavy and impossible to carry carry, and the PDFs are super inconvenient sometimes (I am always able to find faster things in printed book than in PDF< no matter how awesome bookmarked it is, and those are quite a few).

So the only logical choice for me when i discovered RW and saw that the technology now allows it was to upload everything. It did wonders. I don't have to have dozens pdfs open during session. While preparing session all is at glance and even the fact that articles are there help me not to forget or remind me what else can be added to make things interesting.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote