View Single Post
Sendric

Old April 5th, 2017, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimdrac View Post
Hey guys, pretty sure I reported this before in the last release, but new release did not fix it.

If you take the cloistered cleric variant class and then add another class, like paladin or fighter, you still lose shield, medium, and heavy armor proficiencies. Even if you take those proficiencies again as feats you still do not gain the ability to use shields, or armor heavier than light.

If you take fighter or paladin first, then add the cloistered cleric class you keep your proficiencies.

Not sure why. I was hoping the latest update would fix it, but alas it did not.
Hi Crimdac,

Thanks for the report. This is a core issue. It has been reported, but I'm not aware of any time-table for a resolution.

In the meantime, I did some playing around. You can create a workaround with an adjustment. I recommend creating a new user file and adding an adjustment (or two) with a script like this:

Code:
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

foreach pick in hero from BaseFeat where "thingid.fArmShield & Helper.FirstCopy"
   perform eachpick.delete[Helper.FtHide]
   perform eachpick.delete[Helper.FtDisable]
nexteach
Run this script at Pre-Levels/100.

Note that this script is for Shield Proficiency only. You can widen it to include other feats as needed by altering the section in quotes. For example:

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseFeat where "(thingid.fArmShield | thingid.fArmHeavy) & Helper.FirstCopy"

Last edited by Sendric; April 5th, 2017 at 03:58 AM.
Sendric is offline   #627 Reply With Quote