View Single Post
Toblakai

Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
So you are saying that the cost to recompile an app from 32bit to 64bit needs 1000 new sales to pay for that cost? As for AB, it was the core of Lonewolf sales and what paved the road for Herolab and others. No matter what you say to support them, it’s still crap that they knew for over a year this was coming and never bothered to address the situation. it’s just par for the course for Lonewolf. I have been around long enough I feel comfortable saying this is our norm. It sucks, but it is what it is. Unless we want to use other tools, we just have to accept our purchases have limited shelf life here. AB is dead, CV is dead, RW is Dead, and HLC is dead. It’s just a matter of time for HLO to fall by the wayside and LW move on to the next shiney they promote.
Technically, I said 1000 new MAC sales. This is from experience on 64 bit conversion which I have done now to two large c++ projects at two different companies. Plus the app still works perfectly fine on 90% of PC's out there, plus whatever percentage of mac users that won't/can't upgrade to the latest and not greatest (from what I have read) version of Mac OS.
Toblakai is offline   #14 Reply With Quote