View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 10th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just tested this in a clean install of the d20 v5.7 and it works fine. I set a level 1 paladin with a 18 Cha and when I activate the ability I get +4H +1D. Seems right to me..
Humm that's is puzzling, setting up a generic POR, the attributes defined "should" give a +4/+3

But the "Special Tab" displays only the damage portion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The .dat files for d20 are locked and can not be seen by outside users. So I am not sure what file you are looking at. If you have a custom version that is overriding the core d20 Paladin that could be why you see something different.
Disagree, and I think Sendric is on the same path as what I have found (see Below) Within my Set, there indeed are the *.dat files referenced, it is there I was referencing this code... The code "seems" to account for the damage but not the "to hit"

It does warn the end user this is a read only file before the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There is a source directory in the d20 data folder that has a collection of .dat files. These files were old and obsolete when I started coding several years ago. They should be ignored.
Probably what I am seeing.... should these files be removed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Incidentally, I am able to reproduce this issue, but I'm not yet clear on why. I have two game system folders that are (in theory) identical, and both have the community set. I can reproduce it in one system, but not the other. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Update: Nevermind. I have found the source of the problem in the community set. It will be resolved for the next release.
AH.. good to hear! Thanks for your rapid attention guys.....
Attached Images
File Type: png Paladin Eval Script.PNG (150.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png Warning.PNG (395.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png PamPalAtr.PNG (305.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png PamSpAbil.PNG (314.4 KB, 59 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #457 Reply With Quote