View Single Post
v2nguard

Old December 19th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Hello,
I'm entirely new to Hero Lab, and only somewhat acquainted with pathfinder, so I apologize if this is a silly question. But I've tried searching for a bit and I'm struggling to get any answers or direction.
I'm using the desktop version and I'm building a Vermin Tamer Cavalier, using a Scorpion.
The book for Vermin Tamer states that, as they have the mindless trait, Vermin companions have no intelligence, and that they can learn "One trick, plus additional bonus tricks as notated on Table 3-8: Animal Companion Base Statistics" until I'm able to increase the intelligence score through level-ups. So, I assume, two tricks at level one.
However, I'm guessing because the base character is a Cavalier, whenever I add the vermin companion Hero Lab is auto-populating Attack, Combat Raiding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, and Heel, which is giving me an error for having Overspent tricks.
My DM has already said he's okay with keeping those there until I can increase the intelligence score by leveling, but I'm not sure what to do about the flag - or the fact that I'm already overspent. I tried looking for a bonus trick adjustment to clear out the warning, but I wasn't able to find anything.

Is there a way to fix this? Or will I just have to live with the warning here?
Thanks for any help!
v2nguard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote