View Single Post
AEIOU

Old March 31st, 2016, 11:04 AM
For my own work, I assume present-day for all entries and if there is something of historical relevance, I add a date entry and a quick description of what was changed/added/destroyed. Simple.

Back to the OP's question, my answers to him are based on the assumption that one group of characters will be visiting different Era's and therefore the different locations need to be separate. Maybe time travel or visions or something. My suggestion also works for tracking PC versions over time or other bits of info where you need specifics only about a single point in time.

However, if the information regarding what happened to something over the Era's is for the GM only as historical background, then I totally agree with @MNBlockhead. Just add a history section to each entry and dump it there for your reference.

If you are running different groups through different Era's, then @Silveras has the better approach.

My rule-of-thumb would be to pick the option that is appropriate for the intended group and how you want to track its interactions with your world.
AEIOU is offline   #18 Reply With Quote