View Single Post
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM
OK, the solution that I did was to change the pointer in the extension file from roster.ohw (WH roster) - and refer it to a ruleset instead, either ruleset.oh_allyIG or ruleset.oh_allySM. I also placed in the main army roster selection screen check boxes to add either type, or none. This solved the problem in seeing them if you don't want to see them - just select them in or out as you wish.

However, i was wondering the exact reason I don't see them if I play another parent race which can take WH allies? Does the ally selection point to a specific roster, ruleset, or ignore all rulesets entirely - or can it be pointed to a specific ruleset (instead of a roster).

Because, the second part of what I was trying to achieve was to be able to split up the Witch hunters selection into a generic WH army (all units) or a tighter Sister of Battle ONLY force (using ruleset.SoB). In the main army selection screen I have tick boxes to make the selection, and it all seems to work the way I want - however, if I choose IG or SM and decide to take WH as allies, I can never get one of the elements to show, only the SoB elements seem to come through (or WH elements, depending on how I make the rulesets within the WH file show/hide themselves).

Would I have to be forced to make the army selection global (by taking off the roster.ohw in the context legality) and force everyone else to make that decision, especially if they can't even take WH allies? Or within the allies tab in the 40K def file can it point to a ruleset instead of a roster?

Thanks for any help.

PS. I might have to read up on that article you pointed to about the allow and the autotags. It might be easier to do the force split that way instead of rulesets if the current way I'm trying gets too impossible to do.
shaggai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote