View Single Post
Silveras

Old August 31st, 2016, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEvaX View Post
I might just have to go that route. Make the Player View in RW visible when I need it to be to show something.

I will have to test it out and see how I like it. Having actual Line-of-Sight might be cool. I am giving myself like 6 months to really prepare for this adventure. So I might as well make it as bad ass as I can
The free level of Roll20 supports Fog-of-War. If you choose to go the subscriber route, they have some interesting advanced features, including Dynamic Lighting and Line-of-Sight.

I particularly like the Dynamic Lighting and support for ranges of vision.. you can specify on a token whether it emits light, how far, and when it begins to dim (so, for D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder, a torch would be a radius of 40 feet, dimming after 20 feet); you can also specify on tokens whether they have vision, and specify what angle (360 is the default). There is a specific layer for light-blocking markup on the map, which can also block movement.

Each player can "see" only what the token(s) (s)he has control over have line-of-sight to, and which are illuminated in a way that character can see.

The down side is that the map can become confusing for players, if there are many pillars, for example. You can add light-blocking effects to them.. but you may find yourself removing those when the fighting gets going.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote