Thread: Deathwatch
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
So how's it going on the home front Raven. The work you've done on this looks great. Keep up the great work - looking forward to this. I love this game. I have all the books in hard copy and would love to have a good program to work with it.
And again - Love your work!!!!!!!!!!
Not as good as I would like, Its not a matter of data input for this project that I was having problems with, but dealing with the Raw XML code itself. I still need to get some of the portals working correctly to get the data to display like it should. As it stands right now, you all are not the first to inquire me about the data, I plan on finishing it when I have some spare time, but I am currently in the process of moving, which means packing, cleaning, pest control, and other set backs I have to deal with in my spare time. I am also writing a campaign setting book for Pathfinder at the Behest of my players who've wanted me to do this for over ten years now. Much of my free time has been spent compiling this book, which as it stands now is over 200 pages. I also have contractual obligations for other datafiles with LWD Technology, Inc. that I work on so my days are pretty busy. I've also been getting things straight with my old university so that I can attend grad school after I finish the move. I will attempt to get some progress going on the Deathwatch dataset again soon, but don't expect any official releases unless by some miracle I get the data actually working properly. I won't release buggy or malfunctioning code for others to play around with, I'll get it done when I have some time. I just wanted to give everyone an update since some of you have been wondering where things stand, it basically sits where the last set of screenshots was. I have a lot of work to do on this data, but it will come together given time. I apologize in advance if you don't see me on the boards much lately, but things will improve over time. Wish I could drop everything and finish this data right now, but I've got a lot on my plate and only 16 hours a day to do anything with (I need to sleep sometime).

I'll post another update once I have more progress on this data.

RavenX
RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote