View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 4th, 2018, 11:39 PM
I've noticed that a few of my foreach pick in hero have stopped working when they were working just fine previously. This puzzled me for a while until I discovered I could see what pick each thing is on.

The question I have is, does the foreach pick in hero behave differently than it did in a previous version? Are all things on a hero part of a foreach pick in hero or do I have to specifically indicate somehow that the pick is from another source.

Here's my dilemma, I refactored the zombie ages ago to figure out my slam damage for me. I noticed that it no longer respects the following piece of code (the first sign something might be amiss).

hero.child[wSlam].field[wDamage].value += damageup

Where the damageup variable is determined by the size of the creature. However, no matter at what phase I place this, it always has the same 1d6 Slam damage (the base Medium size damage).

Then I looked through some of my other code that sizes up all natural weapons in a template, that were working previously and they were as follows.

foreach pick in hero from BaseNatWep
eachpick.field[wDamage] += 1
nexteach

And this also doesn't appear to be working.

However, when I stack the two templates (in this case the Zombie template stacked on an Undead Lord template (the one indicated in the second code example), the second code would finally operate. Completely baffled by the behavior.

If anyone has a clue, I'm all ears, because I can't decipher this conundrum.

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote