View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old October 14th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Suffixes and prefix help somewhat. They help differentiated different names when prompted to select links (though I would look into the new link-preference settings for names to more elegantly handle this).

I mainly (almost exclusively) use suffixes for adventure/module/quest names. Prefixes, if I use them at all are for room numbers when using maps where locations are numbered.

I learned very early on to name my topics in a way to avoid ambiguity. For example, in my first village that I entered into RW, I would just use "blacksmith", "temple", etc. I realized the issue with that the next village I entered that had a blacksmith, temple, etc.

Initially I relied on suffixes to differentiate but realized it was much more convenient when it came to creating links to just name the topics more uniquely. "Blackacre Blacksmith" or "Blacksmith at Blackacre"

Same with larger place names. I have the Khakunun Khaganate as one of the realms in my world, but there is also the Khakunun Sea. If there were a city by the same name, it would be named Khakunun City. Simple. No need to play around with prefixes, suffixes, or true names.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote