View Single Post
xkaliburr

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I don't know anything about the Mystic Ranger variant class. The Beastmaster cannot be fully implemented at this time because HL does not allow for multiple animal companions. Pious Templar will be available in the next release of the community set.

Beyond that, my suggestion would be to look at other things that have already been done. If you run into a specific issue, feel free to ask. Unfortunately, general questions like this are difficult to answer.
Thank you for the notes. I will focus on the Mystic Ranger.

It's from a Dragon Magazine, however it completely reshapes the ranger. It loses it's fifth favored enemy, Slower progression on favored enemy and Combat Style, and has no animal companion. It does however gain massive spell casting upgrades.

When I do a variant class, I cannot seem to get the items to change progression. Also, my spellcasting changes do not take effect. So I think with the overhaul, it might be better to just make it its own class.

When I try it as its own class, The bonus feats for the class do not add, and the favored enemy never show up. The Spells work fine though.

So, I guess I am stuck at a design point in deciding which path to take. Any suggestions on which one and also how to fix the problems?
xkaliburr is offline   #326 Reply With Quote