View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old October 25th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Sorry for a late reply, but things are a bit busy where I'm at.

The first feat has so many moving parts, it will be hard but here are some things to look for:
1. Prerequisite:
If a hero is proficient in all martial weapons they will have the tag ArmProfGrp.WepMartial (so you can check for this tag). Otherwise to catch things like elves you have to check for all the WepProf tags and look to see if the martial weapons are there: An elf will have the tag WepProf.wLongsword, for example. so the Expr-reqs prerequisite will look like:
tagis[ArmProfGrp.WepMartial] + tagis[WepProf.wLongsword] + .. all the other martial weapons <> 0

basically, if the tag for one of the weapons or the group exists, it will return a 1, otherwise a 0; if you add all the 1's and 0's together and it doesn't equal 0, the prerequisite has been met, otherwise they don't have a martial weapon proficiency.

2. Ability score.
Obviously you've got the examples for ability score scripting down, so no comment.

3. Fighting Style.
So, if you look at Martial Adept, you can see where a feat grabs the maneuvers from the fighter class and allows someone to have them. Since you don't have to worry about DC calculations, you can ignore the script in that feat, but you'll see a bootstrap for a configurable "cfg5CMarAd". This simple configurable has only 3 fields, so is easier to pick apart. Basically a new page pops up and it asks you to select a number (cfgMax3) of Battle Master Maneuvers (cfgObject3) from the class ability category abCategory.FtrBMasMan (cfgAllow3).

IF you want to try the configurable route, you can copy this configurable, and set the fields to cfgMax3 = 1 (only 1), cfgObject3 = "Fighting Styles", and cfgAllow3 = abCategory.FtrFigStyl

Once you create this configurable, reload hero lab, the configurable page won't pop up while testing until you reload, I don't know why, it just does.

Then create your feat and add the configurable to it as a bootstrap.

If you want to allow them to be able to pick the feat another time, you'll need to get into the editor and look where it says Uniqueness - normally this defaults to Add Once, meaning you can only take the feat once. You'll set it to No, allowing it to be chosen multiple times. Then you have to tackle how to add 1 to cfgMax3 after it checks to see if you already have an abCategory.FtrFigStyle on your character. I personally would shut it down to only 1 fighting style for any character that's not a fighter type, but that's my table.

You can try to replicate this without a configurable page, but the dropdown boxes are much more tricky when you do something as complex as this.

The second feat, I'm not aware of any actual action trackers, so you just need to put the dropdown for ability score and then put all that text into the feat description just like you think you do.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote