View Single Post
Conandy

Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:46 AM
So when I started my campaign I told my players that the list of feats included some extra stuff I had found online. Lo and behold they got to level 4 and 2 players chose feats from the "non-RAW" stuff. So now I am trying to get these feats programmed into Hero Lab, and having a bit of trouble.

I am starting to understand some of the syntax and structure of the scripting language, but I have a long way to go. The Editor is helpful, but the documentation on how each button and selector works could use a lot of work. Basically, still very confusing to me.

In the Editor, I have figured out how to copy feats and use the ability score increase portions of those feats, but the rest of what I need to do is beyond me still. Here are my 2 feats I am trying to add, so any help would be appreciated.

1. Combat Training: Prerequisite: Proficiency in at least one martial weapon.
Intensive training has allowed you to learn and benefit from a combat style.
 Your Strength or Dexterity increases by 1,
to a maximum of 20.
 You learn one fighting style, chosen from among those available to any class. You cannot choose the same fighting style twice, even if you are later given the opportunity to choose another.

2. Quick Draw:
Your Dexterity or Wisdom increases by +1, to a maximum of 20.
 After rolling for initiative but before the first turn of combat, you may draw one weapon (if necessary) and make a single weapon attack with it. If multiple creatures are present who have the ability to act before initiative begins, these actions resolve in initiative order.
 When you make a weapon attack, you may stow one weapon and draw one
weapon as part of the action, bonus action, or reaction, in any order necessary.
E.g., you could draw your sword, strike, and then sheathe it, or stow your sword, draw a bow, and attack with it. Similarly, if you have multiple attacks, you could attack with one weapon, stow it, and then draw another and attack with that.

For the second one, Quick draw, I am pretty sure just handling this via text write ups in the character abilities is fine, no need to really do any mechanics behind the scene. Not even sure this feature can be programmed into the tactical console. If it CAN, let me know. That would be neat. Otherwise, no sweat and I am not too worried about it.

For the first one, Combat Training, I know I need to somehow set up a "pick" to allow the character to choose a fighting style from any of Fighter, Paladin, or Ranger. That has me completely stymied.

Any help you can offer is appreciated. I am sure after I work through a dozen or so of these, I'll finally understand enough to work my way through them. Maybe.

Thanks in advance.
Conandy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote