View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
This is do-able, but I'm afraid it's going to be very complex to implement (time consuming and with fiddly math, rather than difficult). I'm afraid we want to get an update for HL out soon, and I'm behind where I should be, so I won't have the time to work out the full script for a few days. In the meantime, I'll give a quick outline of the steps and code involved. Maybe one of your fellow users can run with that and tell you how to write the actual script. If not I'll do so late this week or early next week.

This will all go in an Eval Script on a Mechanic.

Start by checking if the character has racial HD:

Code:
if (hero.tagis[Hero.RacialHD] <> 0) then
if that's true, find the race and set your focus to it:

Code:

perform hero.findchild[BaseRace].setfocus
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)
Then, you can look up the racial HD (field[rHDFinal].value), and look up the tags that determine the attack and save progressions. From those, you can calculate what remainders would be left over in the progressions, and store those in variables.

Next, search through all the classes on the hero:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from Class
And for each class, like the race, you'll retrieve the class level and the tags that determine the progressions, and add any remainders you find there to the same variables.

Once that's all done, you can round off the variables, and add the results to the attack and saves.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote