View Single Post
EightBitz

Old April 15th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Hey, guys. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've just been busy. I know I promised some updates for some reported bugs. I haven't forgotten. I started getting an unusually (but very welcomed) high number of phone calls from recruiters and potential employers, and even had a face to face interview. (yay!)

The interview was mixed. They liked the experience I had, but had concerns about certain gaps that were very relevant to their business.

I was supposed to have heard back by now, one way or the other, but I haven't, which means I have to follow up with them on Monday. They stated very firmly that they always follow up, whatever the decision, so maybe it's a good thing I haven't heard back yet. That might mean I'm still in the running. Right? Right?!?!? (Just nod your heads and agree with me.)

I've had a couple of other people who have taken a more-than-trivial interest in my resume. So here's hoping.

In addition to all of that, it's tax season, and my taxes were ... complicated, and I had to go through several thousand emails for some missing documents. (Yeesh!) The good news is that I'm getting a nice refund.

I've also been taking care of my dear, old, elderly mum, and that's kept me busy, too.

So, anyway, yeah. Those updates are still coming.
EightBitz is offline   #149 Reply With Quote