View Single Post
wdmartin

Old January 13th, 2018, 10:05 PM
@farling No, I don't believe that. I thought that you were saying that's what you believed? Clearly there's some misunderstanding going on here.

I think the easiest way to resolve this is just adjust the script for Weapon Finesse so that it's only bootstrapped if the PC's DEX mod exceeds their STR mod. I'll experiment with it and see if that works.

EDIT: Nope, I don't think that approach will work.

Hour 1: Learned that you can't specify attribute value prerequisites in bootstrap tag expressions.

Hour 2: Learned that you can't assign a tag based on attribute values until the Post-Attributes phase, when it's far too late to bootstrap anything since that happens in the First phase. So I can't tag them as eligible for finesse and then check for that in the bootstrap pre-reqs.

Hour 3: Learned how to use Helper.FtDisable. Also learned that if your Weapon Finesse pick has Helper.FtDisable assigned to it, the PC still takes the shield penalty even if their DEX mod is lower than their STR mod, so assigning Helper.FtDisable to PCs that don't use their DEX mod for attack roll calculations won't actually save them from the effect.

It's almost 4 AM and I have to GM at noon. I'm not prepped, and will be making up a whole bunch of stuff on the spot. Must sleep now.

Last edited by wdmartin; January 14th, 2018 at 12:55 AM.
wdmartin is offline   #53 Reply With Quote