View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM
At 05:23 AM 11/25/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Thanks - I've been keeping those to a minimum, using the editor as much as possible.
Then you should be fine. :-)

Quote:
1) I mentioned that the default class panel after I copied the Cleric didn't have anything in it for domains. Is there something else I was supposed to do, but missed?
This one needs Colen's input. You've ventured beyond the limits of my knowledge about the inner workings of the d20 files.

Quote:
2) I noticed the "hidden" element only seems to work when it's at the bottom of a datafile. If there are things defined after the "hidden" element, it throws an error. Is this one of those mechanisms that is still evolving?
The data files are XML files. XML files are structured and sequenced. If the contents in a data files don't match that structure and/or sequence, they are invalid, so you'll get an error message.

In general, it's ill-advised to put "hidden" elements into files with other material. I strongly recommend they be placed in a separate file from material being modified with the Editor. For example, you might have a data file named "hidden.dat" that you modify manually, while all other files are modified via the Editor.

Quote:
3) Not a question, just wanted to add that I'm very impressed with HL and how responsive you guys are!
Thanks!
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote