View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
{nods} But you don't have to own the Authoring Kit as long as you don't need to save or print characters.

The good news is that also, with a decent foundation in place, a lot of the data entry can be done via the Editor. Unfortunately, that's less than half of the work in most systems.
What I did for Vampire 20th Anniversary is to just create "Sample" things for data. Then I built the needed mechanics that the Character Sheet required and modified the Statblock output as I went. That is why V20 was done in One Month of coding. I did not put in the data as I went, there is far too much data to add for me to do on my own. I'd rather leave the actual data entry to the community. I built what I needed for the system and others will add the data for me.

Sadly I did not do this with Deathwatch and it took longer to create as a result. I don't recommend adding the data as you go, it will slow you down. Build just enough samples to cover what you need in the data.

Also you need the Authoring Kit License, Dugan is right you don't need it, but you do want it. If you intend to create a game system, then you definitely want to print and save sheets. It's very helpful to see sheet progress as you go along if you have the license.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #15 Reply With Quote