View Single Post
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old August 14th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi all -
I'm here from the EN World Pathfinder forums. There, they're talking about HL and a few other options.
Below is the ideal RPG Software that I'm looking for straight out of the box. Being ideal doesn't mean that I won't buy something that isn't ideal so long as it at least fits the bill nicely, even if I have to do my own editing.

Our group consists of a Warforged Euridite (complete psionic), Catfolk Rogue, elf Summoner (Accordlands) and an elf Wizard.
The Warforged Euridite utilizes two sourcebooks that are not OGL. However, I recall that fans are able to work datasets and upload them for other fans. If so, then I'd assume that the basic HL datasets can handle this aspect. However, what about the Eurdite's d4 HD vs. Pathfinders new minimum d6HD or the new skills? Has someone, or can someone (even me) "copy" the Eurdite and modify the HD and skills to make a Pathfinderized Euridte?
In regards to the elf Wizard. That's an easy Pathfinder change, however, we utilize more than just the OGL list of spells from WotC's PHB. We also use spells from Spell Compendium, Renegade Spell Compendium (one of Mongoose's better books), Eldritch Sorcery (Necromancer), Monte's Eldritch Might, even Fantasy Flight's 3.0 Spells & Spellcraft sourcebook (and a host of others from other d20/OGL sources). Being that many of those are OGL I'm guessing that many of those spells may have already been uploaded to fan created or even official datasets - that and the fact that Monte and Necromancer books are quite good. So can HL utilize the Pathfinder dataset and a 3.5 OGL dataset at the same time?

I'm basing much of my desire on eTools. Good or bad, it had all the WotC books. And with the fan created wizard tool that allowed you to enter in your own dataset info (I made a Living Greyhawk Gazetteer dataset that separated the human cultural racial divides, languages, gods, etc...).
Of course, I'd like something more robust and of course, working with the newest system but could understand if it can't do all that I'm hoping. If it can, sign me up.

Edit - As Traits are not in the Core Rulebook, but are utilized for Pathfinder Society as well as an aspect of the game overall - are traits in the Pathfinder Dataset?

Be Well. Be Well Dataset'd.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com

Last edited by Theocrat; August 14th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Theocrat is offline   #12 Reply With Quote