View Single Post
Toblakai

Old December 5th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareshiranu View Post
My original point was that what works is software that doesn't require a constant connection to function, ie. Hero Lab. As long as it continues to be supported I'll be happy. HLO, while sounding nice, is to me just another boondoggle.

FYI, not all Cellphone ISPs provide equal QOS everywhere. Not all hotel WiFI is terribly reliable... or free. Some people game at hobby stores, it is to be hoped that they graciously provide WiFi.

Most of my devices save my phone are WiFi only, I can't fall back on a cell carrier if the WiFi connection to the internet is interrupted or unavailable.
Try using a mobile hot spot, will solve this problem.
Quote:
This summer I was in fact at a con. Used HL in my hotel. HL was also used in a convention hall, AFAIK there was no WiFi and, deep in the building cell service was spotty or non-existant. That would have been impossible to know unless I'd been there before. And the purpose of HL/HLO is to obviate the need for paper, is it not?
I went to a con last summer, had decent wifi, I just didn't have a power outlet and my laptop won't last a full day, so I used paper. Dealing with this once a year is not a big deal for me.
Quote:
Fortunately, I've got it now - most of it. And the hope that Wolflair will continue to support their original product.
They will, but new systems will more than likely not be ported.
Quote:
I'm just attempting to observe a faulty paradigm. Also I'd like to point out that WiFi and Broadband Internet are seperate things. You can have one function without the other.
Luckily HLO will not need broadband.
Toblakai is offline   #26 Reply With Quote