View Single Post
AEIOU

Old September 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM
The reboot for d20pro to Unlimited promises a lot of updates to the little annoyances many of us have had in the past. None were game-breakers but the program and interface could have been improved in a lot of places. With the merger with Mesa Mundi and if I recall correctly, the lead dev quitting his regular day job, the necessary focus to move this program forward is there. The KS funding doesn't hurt either as that gives them stability during this growth phase.

The piece shared during the KS that really impressed me was that they have actively sought out experts in the technical and gaming industries to act as advisers. Having some critical eyes that can peek behind the scenes and who can offer honest, timely, necessary feedback is really important. It will help them stay focused on what they already do well.

And of course, the partnership with LW was crucial. HL support is really a necessity for me. I'm hoping RW support can be added to allow better workflow, tracking of maps, storing of prepared scenarios, importing of HL portfolios, etc. And if there can be interoperation between the three programs to allow data to stay synched between them.... WOW. Just WOW. The future is indeed bright.
AEIOU is offline   #70 Reply With Quote