View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 12th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Between lifer4700, Exmortis, Ladyofdragons, & AEIOU... I have revisited D20pro....
I originally crossed it off my list some 3yrs ago because of its lack of customization, and my preference to utilizing a hexgrid system.

Your collective enthusiasm on the new KS, D20's new direction (Thanks specifically to AEIOU for asking the hard questions on the KS forum and Comments page), Rob's choice to try herolab & Realmworks integration with D20, and lastly a vote of support for the KS from my friend Anna Myer has pushed me "all in".

So goodbye to Battlegrounds Games, hello D20Pro Unlimited....

Reasons to like:
  • Unlimited Grid (square, hex, or free move)
  • A legitimate Fog of War effect - hiding with an overlay color (like Battlegrounds or Realmworks) is adequate, but the ability to tie lighting and visibility to characters as they move from room to room adds a new level to the immersion.
  • Authoring Tools- the ability to customize the core is important to creativity and longevity I compare this to the Hero LAb template..... the ability to add your own custom items (via the editor ) keeps the software cutting edge.
  • And Multi touch will also bring a new feature to the table (if $11 more dollars are sponsored that is hehe)

Other proposed features:
  • Unlimited Rule and Creature Templates are a bonus, but since my table meets face to face, not a requirement for me.
  • New compatibility with other game systems (ie Pathfinder, 4e, starwars, etc) Since we use 3.5, again not a selling point to me personally, but in the future.. who knows.
My apologies for the lengthy post, but feel any that are unfamiliar with this kickstarter and the potential of how it could integrate with Herolab / Realmworks might want to know what sold me on the change.

May the culmination of LWD, Mesamundi, & D20 prove profitable for Mat,
Tobias, & Rob as well as fruitful for the communities that support their efforts.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #66 Reply With Quote