Thread: licensing Issue
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I just downloaded and installed version 3.2 of Army Builder (I had version 3.1 working perfectly yesterday). After the install it asks that you activate your copy (Although it was activated in version 3.1). When I attempt to activate or re-activate it states that I cannot activate a license within 120 days of it being issued. The system shows that the license was re-assigned on 7/28 (Issued November 2008), but I do not recall doing anything that would affect this.

I use this software all the time and now I am concerned that if I try to re-install my previous version that that version will also be in demo mode.

What can I do to resolve this issue or have the re-issue date cleared on your servers?

Note: I have no firewall issues as this is the same computer I activated the software on before AND have made no network changes since then.
If AB thinks you're on a different computer, then it means you must have done something on your computer to trigger it. For example, upgrading the operating system is a common reason. Alternately, this could happen if you switched AB to run under a different user account, or if you installed certain types of security software that hide system information that AB relies on to "identify" your computer. There are other possible reasons as well, but they all are tied to AB now receiving different "identity" information about your computer.

With AB 3.2, we've made some major changes that will *usually* retain the same computer identity, but not always. These code changes should make it so that some of the system changes that used to trigger an identity change no longer do so. But first we have to get past the initial identity change.

The solution here is to send an email to technical support that includes your license number and a brief description of the problem. Nancy should be able to get the waiting period waived for you in relatively short order, which will allow you to get up and running again.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote