Thread: 3.5 Dark Sun
View Single Post
ynnswa

Old September 9th, 2011, 02:51 AM
If I remember right, I found the AllPerform/AllCraft/AllKnow/AllSkills thing in an old forum post.

To find most of my "how-to" info, I use two sources. I check the advanced search tool here on the forums, which can be hit and miss depending on how you word things. My main source, though, is mimicking Lawful_g. I downloaded his extensive enhancements to the 3.5 stuff from cheeseweasle.net and installed them. Then when I run into something I can't figure out, I use Notepad++'s "Find in Files" feature to search the entire d20 folder. Even if I can't find the exact thing I'm looking for, I can review how he dealt with save bonuses or spells or whatever and get an idea of where to start. (Lawful_g: Thank you, and please remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.)

All that being said, the exotic/martial weapon thing may be tough. In the Editor, the function you are talking about is a trait of the weapon itself. On the custom weapon window you'll see an option for "Easy if Race..." Unfortunately, the editor's help states specifically that it only works with standard races, not user created ones. So if you're working with "new" dwarf race instead of trying to add things to the existing one then it won't work. It might be able to be adjusted in code after the weapon is added to the hero, but that's way beyond my skills at the moment.
ynnswa is offline   #17 Reply With Quote