View Single Post
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2020, 12:58 AM
The issue with SF creature creation is it's so open-ended, we try to provide all the pieces but it's really up to the player/GM how they want to use them. Dragons for instance, they give a range of CRs for each age category, but no actual stats for "this is a dragon at this age" so we can't really provide that shell unfortunately. A lot of that is simply based on the array used and the CR chosen. Under Template Grafts on the Race tab you can find all the dragon types they provide, which when placed on a creature with the Dragon type grants the guideline abilities Paizo gives for them. They're still very arbitrary for the user, like the book says "as a gold dragon you get spell-like abilities at CR 7+" but no mention of WHAT spell-like abilities they are, nor do they give statblocks outside their one per dragon category entry. So yeah, I WISH we could do more, because I'm not a big fan of the whole burden being placed on users to create creatures from scratch, but that's the nature of the system as far as I'm aware.

Also if you're wanting it to look like the entry in the book/Vault, don't use Basic Monster/NPC, Detailed gives far more options and should let you recreate what we have 1:1.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote