View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 9th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
I don't think you have the whole story. First, Rob the owner and main developer, was very sick for two or three years if I remember correctly. Second, there was a decision made as to the direction realm works needed to change which forced a near complete rewrite of the program after two to three years of development. Third, I suppose is the fact that the first two problems caused other problems and delays with all their products. Throw in the fact that some of us are epic level forum bitchers and things just kind of spiraled from there. Yes, I believe that LWD made a business decision in order to save their company. And, I know it sucks that development of RW has been suspended. But I do hope that they will someday return to further development of Realm Works. I'm just betting we are going to have to wait a few more years.
I also continue to hold out hope that they will return to RW, and I continue busily entering my homebrew world into it. But even if they don't they really should fix the bugs and make the existing features stable.

I do remember - vividly - the issues regarding Rob's health, and changing direction for RW. But their ability to keep up with the never ending barrage of Paizo releases affected more than just RW, it goes back to before the RW kickstarter - there were many Pathfinder releases for HLC that were noted for a long time as "not fully implemented," even as new supplements continued to be rolled out (also, sometimes, not fully implemented).

And my response from support regarding fixing just these two critical RW bugs was (and I'm paraphrasing here), "we've got too much on our plate right now, we're a small company and all of our manpower is focused on keeping up with PF2 and developing HLO. We'd like to get to it, but even if we can it will be a long time."

Further "evidence" of this can be found on the Shadowrun boards, where there has been deafening silence regarding Shadowrun releases/fixes for HLO, and in how long it took to get the new version of Savage Worlds tested and rolled out for HLC.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #27 Reply With Quote