Thread: Build vs Buy
View Single Post
Minous

Old February 19th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlues View Post
Which packages available for sale include new features that the user is unable to create on their own?

For example, I own the Ultimate Campaign addon and it includes several new tabs and features that I would be unable to create myself using the editor, or so it seems from my limited knowledge.

But I could create a monster from the Bestiary using the editor without actually purchasing the Bestiary addon.

The cost of the modules add up and if I only need a few rules, elements, or features from a book, can I create it myself or must I buy the addon pack?

Any insight?

Thanks,
Cobalt Blues
In theory most of the content can be re-created in the editor. However In pathfinder there are a lot of complex interactions/interdepenancies that HL tends to account for. The biggest thing comes down to time vs money. Yeah I could in theory recreate something but if it takes 40 hours of coding/debugging to do so, is your time worth more than the $10 you spent on the supported package. I find that unless you have the skills of ShadowChemosh or similar anything more than the occasional 1off isnt worth the time it takes to properly code it.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote