View Single Post
Asandir

Old September 19th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
Asandir, the "Name+" button does add a True name and allows other alternate names to be added; this is how I can add the individual location key numbers as alternate names that will map to those key numbers when referenced in the text. These alternate name lines have additional controls to set if they are to be shown in the navigation, if the case must match, and sets their linking priority. That all works great.

My problem is I need the program to allow me to set the Primary name as a priority of "Never" for the auto linking, and currently there isn't a way to do this (at least, not that I can find).

The module I'm entering doesn't reliably reference locations by name in the text; just by key number. The problem I ran into very quickly is relatively generic location names (e.g., "Entrance" which is the name of at least 3 or 4 locations) try to link to any text that has these relatively common words in it.

I could fix this very quickly if there were a way to tell the tool to Never link the primary name.

It makes sense that this is the way the tool was designed - I know the initial purpose for the tool was to easily import large batches of more mechanical content (spell lists, feat lists, equipment lists, etc), and generally you'd want these to link to the word in the text. I'm pushing the intended design, but I'm hoping the ability to set linking priorities for alternate names means it is possible to add the functionality of setting the linking priority for the primary name as well. It could also open up case matching for the primary name, which would potentially be useful.

What I would like to do can be done through the Manage Names tool in Realm Works (I double checked to make sure), but having to manually switch each topic when I have over 1000 entries is less than ideal.
Ahh. Sorry. Misunderstood what you were after and I don't have the importer in front of me at the moment. I don't think there is a way, but don't know that I have ever looked for what you are asking. Have to wait for Farling to get back to you then since it is his tool.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #379 Reply With Quote