View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
When there are errors on loading a portfolio, is there an error log created somewhere with more specific information on each of the errors? Where do I find this?

I've been getting more and more errors with some of Frog God Games older dataset (in Pathfinder) and the errors are not very specific for me to try and hunt down to fix. Here's a sample of the errors:
The errors are talking about "Sources" these are the check boxes you turn on on the Configure Your Hero window. The above means the computer you are trying to load the .por files on no longer have these sources. But they where saved at one point when you had them.

If you don't need those sources anymore you can just strip them out. "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources"

If you need them and you have these addons installed then most likely you are getting an error on Pathfinder load. That is then causing HL to fall into safe mode. That is the error we need to see as its the cause of the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote