View Single Post
marcopico

Old June 14th, 2019, 09:26 AM
In order to provide more details, this is what I've done so far.

For Spirit of Succor, which resembles the Witch Doctor's archetype Channel Energy ability, I have created a class special in the editor and called it Spirit of Succor (cShaSpiSuc).

Problem: I can't get any mention of this new ability neither under the Special tab, nor as a trackable ability under the In-Play tab. If I add the Witch Doctor's archetype, I can see both. If I add both the Witch Doctor's archetype and the Spirit of Succor class ability, the number of times per day of the two abilities stuck and I can see a reference to the Witch Doctor's Channel Energy ability under the In-Play tab, meaning that Spirit of Succor actually exists and counts the number of times per day correctly. It just won't show up, however, and I don't have a clue why!

Additional information:

All the tags and bootstraps of cShaSpiSuc are an exact copy of the Channel Energy ability (cShaChaEne), with the following exceptions.

- Exception 1: the cShaSpiSuc Channel Energy Cond. is empty, while the cShaChaEne Channel Energy Cond. contains the (count:Classes.Shaman >= 4 & !AbReplace.cShaChaEne) line. Reason: I don't need to be at least level 4 to take the Spirit of Succor class ability.

- Exception 2: cShaSpiSuc has an additional tag, compared to cShaChaEne, which is (group id: abCategory | tag id: ShaSpAb). Reason: cShaSpiSuc is a spirit animal ability, provided by a specific spirit animal I have created (Gurhal).

These are the two Eval Scripts I have in cShaSpiSuc so far. I realise something is wrong here, but I don't understand what.

Eval Script 1 (Post-levels, 10000, 1)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ Set our name properly
var v_turnname as string
call cClrTurnNm
field[livename].text = v_turnname

var tagexpr as string
tagexpr = "SpecSource.arShaWitDo"
call ChanEnFind
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~ Add to our turning level.
focus.field[abValue].value += field[xAllLev].value

Eval Script 2 (Post-attributes, 10000, 2)

var tagexpr as string
tagexpr = "SpecSource.arShaWitDo"
call ChanEnFind
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~ we can turn undead 3 + CHA mod / day
focus.field[trkMax].value += 3 + hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

I'm clearly unfamiliar with Eval Scripts but I think this is where my problem is, so I'm asking for help from someone who knows a bit more than me.
I realise that the reference to SpecSource.arShaWitDo has something to do with the Witch Doctor's archetype, but I think this only influences the name of the ability I'm trying to add (which will then be called something like "Witch Doctor's Channel Energy Ability" instead of "Spirit of Succor", but I don't know how to change this correctly).

Can anybody help me, please? Thanks a lot for the support!
marcopico is offline   #2 Reply With Quote