View Single Post
zarlor

Old April 27th, 2014, 05:49 PM
From what we know so far, purchasing now will get you 6 months of cloud service. Lifetime cloud service is currently reserved to those folks who paid for that during the Kickstarter campaign as a pre-order benefit, if you will, at certain tiers. We do not know if the ability to purchase lifetime access will occur in the future but it is very likely that it would not be the cost of the software (as in I expect it to be at least a couple of hundred dollars or more, but we do not know if it will even ever be available or the actual cost if it does at this time).

The Web access for players will only be accessible if you have cloud service as the GM. The cost of the various cloud service tiers and what they will include is not set yet, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not sure what you mean by your realm being in "offline-mode". To create a realm you have to be connected to the internet (creation won't use up any cloud space, though and you won't need to connect to use that realm from that point on). If you wanted to purchase, view or download 3rd party content you would need to be connected to the internet. Your existing realms, however, don't need to be synced to the cloud to do that, I wouldn't think. We don't have that functionality yet, mind you, so those of us who are just users of the software can't really say for absolute certain how all of that will work just yet.

All of that should inform your last part where you should be able to get 3rd party content without cloud service, I would think, since you wouldn't need to actually store any data to the cloud that way (the data is already there and stored under the data provider's storage, you're just downloading a copy locally, in essence.) Take that with a grain of salt, of course, but that's what I think will be the case.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote