View Single Post
marcopico

Old June 12th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Hello, this is my first message on the forum so please forgive me if I'm asking some noob questions.

I've been using Hero Lab with the Pathfinder ruleset for a long time, but now I'm playing a shaman in a Reign of Winter campaign and my GM wants to provide me with some (quite nice, actually) changes for my shaman, so I decided to give the HL editor a try. So far there are things I managed to do, but others still don't work and this is where help from advanced users would prove valuable.

So, my GM has created a new shaman archetype (he called it Spirit Channeller) which alters the shaman's wandering spirit ability and turns it into a Spirit Pact ability, but the effects are almost the same–i.e., you don't pick a wandering spirit each day, but choose a spirit animal you've made a pact with. So far so good: I just created a couple of new spirit animals, each with an unique name for the spirit I made a pact with.

Right now I have two spirit animals I've made a pact with (more will come later). Each spirit has a spell list; I've put that into the editor and it works perfectly well.

Now comes the trouble. The first spirit animal, Anuki, has a special ability which I'm copy-pasting here, as written by my GM.

---
Spirit of Retribution: after the shaman sees one of his companions wounded by an enemy or if he witnesses an injustice, he can mark the wrongdoer for retribution as an immediate action. He gains +1 to hit and damage against this target for every four shaman levels. This ability can be used 3 + Cha times per day.
---

The second spirit animal, Gurhal, has a special ability that resembles the traditional shaman's life spirit Channel ability, though Gurhal's ability can be used more often:

---
Spirit of Succor: The shaman can channel positive energy like a cleric, using her shaman level as her effective cleric level when determining the amount of damage healed (or dealt to undead) and the DC. The shaman can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier.
---

These two class special abilities are exactly what I can't manage to translate into HL terms. More accurately, I have created two class specials but they don't show up in the tracked resources (even if I check the "Show in Tracked Resources List?" button) and it seems there is no way for HL to show them anywhere in my character sheet.

Clearly, I can provide additional details if anybody is willing to help me. Thanks a lot for the support!
marcopico is offline   #1 Reply With Quote