Thread: WH: 8th Ed
View Single Post
Mr_Rose

Old June 16th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
from what i read 8e will be a p big change... so i will probably start a new set of data files based on the 7e ones but spearate. anyone know when it is out? :~)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GW website
Availability: This product is available for pre-order and will be released on the 10th of July.
Pre-orders went on-line yesterday at 10:00am BST (and promptly broke the server ) and you should be able to get access to a preview copy at your local GW store by the end of the week, just in case you wanted to start compiling lists of things early.

Anyway, most of the changes are unrelated to stat-lines from what I can tell, so you'll mostly want to look at the updated "college" lores of magic and the new list of common magic items.

Other things of note; hand weapons with shields now give a 6+ ward save in CC rather than an extra +1 to your base armour, monsters get extra "stomp" attacks at very low initiative (and big monsters get more), and, apparently (I can't confirm this) some monstrous mounts combine their profiles with their riders somehow.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote