View Single Post
Murrdox

Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:15 AM
I'd just like to say I appreciate how difficult this is for Rob, BJ, and the other people at Lone Wolf. I'm glad Rob took the time to put together the statement that he did, and then answering some more questions for the Realm Works community.

With all the talk about the future of Realm Works, talks about substitutes, etc...

Well, here I am with a game session planned for this evening, and I'm just going along as normal updating Realm Works. Still getting value out of it. I was sort of asking myself if I didn't already own Realm Works, and I was a new user coming here for the first time... would I buy Realm Works and get value out of it?

I think the answer to that is still "yes". Personally I'd be a lot less apprehensive about buying Realm Works rather than paying for an online subscription service. You buy it, work with it for 60 days, and you can get your money back if the tool doesn't work for you. The server subscription fee is so tiny that I barely count it. I pay more money for Google to host my family pictures.

Anyways, my GM life is still chugging along as per usual. I'm still enjoying the product.

I was playing a game of D&D the other day... and I'm not the GM for that game. Our GM has this CRAZY map of Forgotten Realms. He has advanced the timeline by 1000 years, some cities exist, some don't, we've got temples to visit, entrances and exits to the Underdark. All of this is written on this Forgotten Realms map using MS Paint.

I'm almost to the point of putting the map into Realm Works for my own use as a PLAYER because the map drives me up the wall and I can't remember what everything is. I need Realm Works pins and topics for all these locations!!
Murrdox is offline   #87 Reply With Quote