Thread: Abilities
View Single Post
SAbel

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hey all,
I am still working L5R (I know its taking me forever, but I am not a prgram) ok so I have this working but I have one snag.
In L5R you have two abilities that make one Ring Ie Reflexes and Awareness (the game calls these Traits, I have them as Attributes ie attrRef and attrAwa) combine and the lower of the two make the score for the Air Ring( I have the the Rings made as Traits for the program so trAir).
This all works. A player may increase a trait by spending exp/CP at the start the cost is = to the new trait level * 4 ie reflex of 2 to increase to reflex of 3 cost 12 points (3*4=12)

BUT Because it has no Traits, the Void Ring may be increased on its own. This is more expensive. Increasing a character’s Void Ring costs a number of points equal to six times the new rank. For example, increasing a character’s Void Ring from 2 to 3 would cost 18 Experience Points.
I have Void as a Trait so I am stuck on how to make only the Void cost *6 when I have the other still *4?
Here is the trait.str lines I have for trait cost:
<!-- Each attribute point above one that is allocated by the user costs 4CP * the level, per level -->
<eval index="3" phase="Traits" priority="10000">
<before name="Calc resLeft"/>
<after name="Bound trtUser"/><![CDATA[
var traitlevel as number
var traitcost as number
var finalvalue as number
traitlevel = field[trtUser].value
traitcost = 4
finalvalue = traitcost / 2 * (traitlevel * traitlevel + traitlevel)
hero.child[resCP].field[resSpent].value += finalvalue - 12
]]></eval>
Thanks for any help everyone.
Sean
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote