View Single Post
AEIOU

Old November 26th, 2014, 06:13 AM
To hell with the survey.

Monies were exchanged for the KickStarter. A contract was entered into. It is not being honored. I'm pretty damned irked that we don't know when we'll receive the product we were promised while LWD plays smoke and mirrors, woe-is-me, work-work-work. I expected the full package in July 2013 as promised and now we're 1.5 years later with many primary features completely in limbo. No basic implementation. No build on it later. Just nothing there. I'm done with excuses.

As clearly stated on January 25, 2013 by Rob:
@David Rosson: Printing support will be provided, but that's not the primary focus of Realm Works, so it won't be highly sophisticated in the initial release. For example, there won't be lots of formatting options to make the output especially pretty. The emphasis will be on functionality instead.
Some of your examples could be construed as being driven by potentially complex queries, and that's not part of the initial release plan. However, there will be a moderate level of filtering provided that should satisfy the majority of users' needs. A sophisticated printing engine that supports complex queries is definitely something we could add. As I've mentioned to a few others, the evolution of Realm Works will be primarily driven by what customers ask for. If highly flexible printing is a priority to users, that's what we'll focus on after initial release.
AEIOU is offline   #27 Reply With Quote