View Single Post
xdy

Old July 19th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahan View Post
I do not understand why there are not all races of familiars in Hero Lab (in the Find Familiar spell description it's said that we can choose a ba, cat, crab, frog, hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider or weasel). I have the SRD and Community pack installed.

Are these just these shown in the print below? How can I add more familiars to choose?
It seems to be a bug in the Hero Lab data, i.e. not in the community pack as such, so report to Lone Wolf that rCrab, rLizard, rOctopus, rQuipper, rRat and rSeaHors are all missing the CompIs.Familiar flag.
You can fix this locally for yourself by going into the editor (Tools/Show Editor), creating a new data file, going to the Race tab, clicking the 'New (Copy)' button, selecting one of the missing familiars, press OK, click in the 'Unique ID' text field, enter something unique (I would enter something like, say, rJKRat, you might choose something like rGaRat), check the 'Can be a familiar' field, click in the 'Name' textfield and enter something like 'Rat (Galahan)', press Ctrl-S to save, then press the 'Test Now!' button and click OK, repeat the previous steps as needed for the other missing familiars, close the editor, go to File/Save Data File, give it a name (perhaps Galahan_fixes.user), then File/Close Data File. Now rat is visible as a familiar. The familiars you have added are now visible in the program.

And you also have your own data file for adding even more stuff. Play around with it! Before you know it you'll be a Community Pack contributor.
(See the links in Daplunk's post above yours for details.)

/Jonas

Last edited by xdy; July 19th, 2017 at 11:43 AM.
xdy is offline   #450 Reply With Quote