View Single Post
EightBitz

Old March 13th, 2017, 01:04 AM
None that I'm aware of. And I've given up on my efforts, partially due to time, partially due to feeling like I was in over my head, and partially due to the fact that when I contacted Monte Cook games to ask if they had any interest in hooking up with LWD for an official package, they basically said "Nope, sorry. It's not the right solution for us." And that was pretty much the extent of the reason they gave.

*blink-blink*

To which my basic attitude is "Umm, OK, then I'm not the right customer for you."

Same thing with Steve Jackson games. They refused to license GURPS for Hero Lab just because it has the word "Hero" in it. How inane is that? Stopped buying their books, too. Someone here even created a GURPS Lite set for Hero Lab, which SJG distributes for free, but they still asked for the GURPS Lite set to be removed. Really?

Meanwhile, Evil Hat has told me they're fine with me distributing Dresden Files so long as I don't copy the descriptions word for word. I don't want to walk that line without a clear guideline of what I can include and what I can't, so I offer the Dresden Files set with no descriptions. Just the mechanics. But at least they gave me explicit permission to do that much without a hassle. And to be totally fair, Evil Hat doesn't actually own the right to the written content. They only negotiated a license to include it with their mechanics. So they were as permissive as they were legally allowed to be.

Anyway, I'm ranting now. And I'm tired. Cheers!
EightBitz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote