View Single Post
KiwiBlaze

Old March 1st, 2019, 12:02 PM
I don't know how or why my first post was written, it wasn't my intention to simply post my name in this thread... But in saying that I do have my few cents.

At what point does it help the GM to be the Memory of the player. The people you game with have memories of their own, if the player's aren't aiding their abilities to recall things, I don't see why the GM should have to take up the added struggle of reminding player's time and time again.

Everyone has access to pen and paper, a good way of keeping notes these days are using things like (artifical) "Digital Paper" where you write it in a book, scan the pages with your phone, and those images can instally be uploaded, sent to different email accounts, available in the cloud or other services and can be linked into Realm Works so it can't be lost. If your notes don't include important information and you forget, then why should those important pieces be picked up by the GM.

The GM has a responsibility to correct player misinformation, however they aren't required to give perfect memory recall on details, and players using abilities that let them recall information for a period of time in perfect memory aren't exempt from at least trying to record information.

To be clear, my issue isn't the GM recalling information when needed, its this idea that players aren't investing time and resources into the campaign as they need too. And part of that is making notes, learning the tools to take notes and how to read and reference them when needed. Realm Works could help that if it allowed Player input (which I haven't even looked into yet), but there are ways around that, and that are easily available.

Last edited by KiwiBlaze; March 1st, 2019 at 12:24 PM.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #14 Reply With Quote