View Single Post
drogar

Old April 19th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if Realmworks will work for a particular use case that I have. I'm running a VTT campaign with several friends. It's a very in-depth adventure path (zeitgeist). Because we're all pretty busy, we strive to play once a week, but sometimes miss sessions, and so can have multiple weeks between games.

The complexity of the adventure path (it's a detailed world, with hundreds of NPCs, factions, and locations that reappear and interact over the course of 13 adventures), combined with the breaks between our sessions means that we often spend a decent chunk of time recapping earlier sessions, and sometimes we have trouble keeping the plot straight.

What I would love is a system that the players could use to collaboratively take notes. I would load in the basics of the world (maps, key locations, major NPCs, etc.), and they would then supplement this information throughout their adventures with notes, adding in new NPCs as locations as they appeared, and keeping track of information they discover and connections that materialize.

I would be able to create much of the content, but I'd like the players to be able to create it as well, so they can keep up and organize as they like while we play. I'd also like them to be able to share notes amongst themselves, so that each can see notes the others take. If we had this, it would let all of us collaboratively maintain a searchable encyclopedia of the world, which would be awesome both for revealing info as they discover it, and for them to keep track of who everyone is and how they're connected.

Realmworks seems like it could potentially work like a charm for this use, but as I've delved into it further, it seems like some of the collaboration functionality we would need simply isn't possible as the product currently exists.

Is this currently possible, or is functionality like this planned, for Realmworks?

Thank you!
drogar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote