View Single Post
storeyl

Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote:
I use RW as my campaign/module/ adventure management before, during and after. My point is YOU CAN use it during a session; not that you have to. You have chosen not to do it during your sessions rather than it being a limitation of RW. By not using RW at the table you have made a personal decision not to leverage it's functionality
My point, and indeed your point above, seems to be that it was probably intended to be used during a session, and if you don't do that then it fails somewhat as the campaign management system I thought was being advertised.

I can't leverage what to me sounded like the primary functionality. I can put in but not get out the stuff I need for my campaign/sessions. At that point it is no longer a campaign management system that allows me to prepare my sessions etc in a way that is meaningful IMO. The marketing blurb is about campaign management, preparing sessions etc, but what it didn't really hammer home to me was that it was absolutely intended to be used during a session (as opposed to just another nice frilly feature). That goes beyond what a campaign management system needs to do and seems aimed at a more niche audience. Maybe a niche that is growing as old farts like me (and my group) move on.

Maybe when web access comes along I might re-evaluate. At that point I might consider getting a cheap tablet so that I can access my realm during play. I'd rather just print off the parts I want and stick to Pen and Paper.
storeyl is offline   #141 Reply With Quote