Thread: Hero Lab Online
View Single Post
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 3rd, 2017, 02:27 AM
Hell I don't blame mallardduck for his views on HLO as a-lot of developers have done in the real world as he has expressed concerns about. The more content, that we shell money out for, they put behind a paywall the more customers will get angry, simple truth. Two code bases can be very difficult to maintain and currently the HLO business model will not pay for that and we all know it needs to be paid for to be supported. Considering that model I assume the market will get to decide on which base gets the support in the long term.

I personally want HLO to become something bigger than roll20(dot)net in the form of maptools and such additions. A full encompassing system like that would be grand for me as I do want to have an entire digital interface for all aspects of the game system that can be allowed. Realm Works with HLO tactical console and maptool integrated APIs would be a grand dream for me. If this is a possible path then I would be all for supporting HLO, but that is a very huge undertaking. I seriously have my doubts they have a size-able enough development team for such a project and to maintain multiple game code bases.

I will be keeping a close eye on this for the foreseeable future.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #79