View Single Post
ich.pdf

Old April 8th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
For many NPCs, we don't even create a separate topic for them. If the NPC will typically only be found in a specific location, and it's not integral to the overall plot, we just include the NPC within the location and create an alias on the location topic with the NPC's name. That way, the NPC shows up in the topic list and automatic linking hooks up nicely, but there's only one actual topic that covers both the location and the NPC that works/resides there.
After I played around with Realm Works for a couple of days now to support my shadowrun campaign, I use this approach. First I tried to have topics for each and everything, but that became quickly an unnecessary big workload (It is just this "I want to have everything complete and nicely in order"-neurosis that actually Realm works helps to cure by organising everything in an organic way... )

Anyway, for future updates it would be nice to be able to move aliases seperately from the actual topic. This way you could have something like a "support cast"-list. Right now, I am either not using aliases and try to remeber my less important NPCs or I mark the aliases to be not shown in the topic list, so my locations (in my case groups, but anyway) are not "polluted" by minor NPCs
ich.pdf is offline   #7 Reply With Quote