View Single Post
Farling

Old June 11th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanye111 View Post
Awesome tool. One question, more related to the RW side of things - when exporting the structure, it just exports the categories, correct, and lets you create things in the categories, but not in groupings under that?

For example, if in my World Almanac/People section I have a list of individual dragons, and I wanted to import more, would I be able to import it into Cast List\Dragon? Or does it just go to People?[/url]
Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the format of the RWEXPORT file, if you define a parent for the topics with the CSV import tool then the parent topic is created on import, even if a topic already exists with the same name - so you have two topics with the same name in the realm.

I am considering whether it is feasible to read in an entire realm export file instead of only a structure export file; which would allow existing topics to be chosen as parents. (The tool needs to get RW's internal identifier for the topic, so that it can use that specific topic as a parent.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #266 Reply With Quote