View Single Post
Silveras

Old July 11th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I don't speak for LoneWolf, but I think this is unlikely to happen.

Why?

1) The enabling of the Marketplace and Repository is part of the reason for the cloud to exist. It is not incidental.. it is the core of the design. As I understand the process, the content will exist on the cloud server.. purchasing it will "unlock" if for your use (add it to your account), and the cloud mechanism allows you to update your PC just now you can have 2 or more PCs with the same content by syncing them.

2) I am sure that some of the concerns that LoneWolf is addressing with their potential partners include preventing piracy. The Marketplace and Repository are designed to address that, and the use of the cloud for delivery allows LoneWolf to respond to reports of piracy there. Other means of transferring content opens additional possibilities for piracy, and might prevent some publishers from participating.

Having said that, enough demand may change the circumstances, but it would have to be an overwhelming demand to justify a change to something so central to the protection of delivered content.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote