View Single Post
ErinRigh

Old February 18th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Hey joe,

I think that what is going on here is something like Paizo agreed to have their products on RW with the agreement that their products wold be available at CM Market launch. Now Paizo is having issues with security and site integration that they do not find satisfactory with LWD to insure that their products are both protected and available and THAT is clogging up the gears.

LWD is a VERY small company with less than a handful of developers working on this project.

If RW doesn't start paying for itself soon, it is highly likely to wind up as abandonware, so those 3-4 developers are struggling hard to meet Paizo's security and integration demands, because of contractual obligations with Paizo. If they can satisfy Paizo and launch the CM, RW will start to pay for itself in the latecomers, like me, forwarding their bucks to the project, and THEN they will havethe freedom to develop the software in the new and interesting ways that we want them to.

However, the this is obviated by the need to get the CM off the ground, as RW is no longer paying for itself, and this requires they fulfill their contractual promises to Paizo with this program.

So the problem is not in the fact that they need to integrate with Paizo, but rather in Paizo considering the integration to be Satisfactory.

My 2 cp
ErinRigh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote