View Single Post
ShawnM

Old December 22nd, 2020, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenahBirdR View Post
Something that occurred to me recently. The importance of online organization has definitely increased for the current year. It likely won't stay quite as big in the future, but this is something to stay. Increasingly RPG companies that are not doing great support for the digital side of the company feel dated. Realm Works unfortunately could have had a really good year if it was still a supported program being developed.

I bought into Foundry during their Black Friday sale and so far I am loving it. Realm Works would be a perfect accompaniment to Foundry (or other VTTs) if an export/import tool was made for the programs. I would love to import certain journal entries from RW into Foundry. I would love to export text blocks of my Foundry elements directly into RW. Also, if the RW subscription actually came with the capability to host Foundry sessions in addition to hosting RW material that might push me over. Of course, what I still really want to make a subscription worthwhile is for players to be able to setup a free account that has web access to RW worlds.

More and more I'm finding myself using Realm Works less. As online games becomes more common I'm already doing a lot of text entry into a VTT. I need to get into the habit of cut and pasting between the programs since RW organizes much more nicely than the VTT programs and keeps me better prepared. Competitors like World Anvil haven't pulled me away, but seeing capability of other campaign organizers working with VTTs is tempting. It is just a natural fit to have these various programs able to communicate and transfer information.

I still hold out hope Lone Wolf changes their mind and decides to restart work on Realm Works. I think more companies would be interested in selling on the content market these days.
I wholeheartedly agree. I AM considering World Anvil, simply because it looks like I can more easily exchange data. It's not a perfect tool, but I see customer updates. That's more than LW has done since shortly after I spent my $80 in early 2018. I keep hearing excuses of "it'll take a developer dedicating their time to ..." Well do that! Pay someone to do it. Take time from whatever else your doing and do that. Get an investor if you need to. Customers paid money and the model as it is is very monthly fee dependent thanks to CRM that is wholly unncessary.
ShawnM is offline   #67 Reply With Quote