Thread: D&D Next
View Single Post
MagicSN

Old September 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
I never bothered with D&D4e. So I presumed the DDI downloader was fully supported. Thanks for the clarification.
It was fully supported. The problem is it did do many things "wrong". For example powers which had a "use either Str or Cha" ended up only calculating Str, and having the Cha option just in a comment. Or many magic items just did not add their boni, same about Feats. Some feats (Elemental Empowerment, for example) were calculated wrong. But it was complete as far as every (well, except traits/backgrounds, but those were user-added) item, power, etc. was added. Just often not correctly or complete added.

As to the issue of D&D Next, I have in the meanwhile a version on my PC which partially implements the D&D Next rules (work of the past few evenings) from the playtest packages (not sure how far I will put this, but if I complete it, the people from Wolflair can have the code from me). It is still a LOT of stuff missing, though (basically it is a "far modified" 4e version). Licence issues are of course another thing there (I will still continue to work on the 4e Hero Lab bugfixes I am doing, my group is currently not planning to move to Next, we enjoy playing D&D 4e too much for that).

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #13 Reply With Quote