View Single Post
Olmac

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Yes, getting lots of reports about a certain thing does move it up the priority list. I think I usually only respond that issue X is fixed when either I'm personally embarrassed by the bug or it's something like this where we get a flood of interest on the forums. Who knew so many people were playing life oracles and building their characters around channelling? I guess we know now it's a lot!
I would think with Hell's Vengeance there are a lot of us playing Life Oracles. It is the best way to get healing on evil characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
But number of posts is not at all the most important thing in terms of how to prioritize a bug. The most important is how long the issue will take to fix - if it'll take 5-10 minutes, it's very likely to be fixed quickly. If it'll take several days to rebuild the way Hero Lab handles a mechanic, that's probably going to go on the back burner.

Another thing that can raise the importance of a bug is whether it was working at one time - fixing recently created mistakes is a priority.

Also important is how easily you can work around the bug - if it just alters the prereqs, for example, making it give an incorrect error, or when it doesn't report an error it should, that's not a major problem - users can still make a working character, they just have to ignore a message, or be careful to enforce a prereq themselves.

The percentage of characters affected is also important - if the bug only occurs on a specific build that requires a particular weapon + a particular feat + a particular class ability in order to encounter the issue, that's not as important as if something that would be encountered at 5th level by anyone playing a certain core rulebook character.
This is something that was working when I built the character and stopped working after the last big update.

I get the priority issue and honestly, it is only a warning, and does not seem to effect the play ability of the character in Hero Lab. It is just the annoying red lettering and error message I get that bothers me. I hate error messages, they play with my OCD.
Olmac is offline   #23 Reply With Quote